Here are some tips on how to use our diapers on your baby!
- Unfasten the diaper tabs and fasten them back on themselves so they don’t stick to your baby, but don’t remove the dirty diaper yet.
- Wipe away any solids with the diaper, taking care to cover the penis with a clean cloth or diaper if your baby is a boy (for sanitary reasons and to avoid an unexpected warm shower).
- Lift the baby’s bottom off the table using an ungainly, yet effective, ankle hold.
- Fold the dirty diaper in half under the baby.
- Using an Eco by Naty wipe or wet cotton wool, clean your baby’s front thoroughly. For a girl, always wipe from front to back.
- Lift both of your baby’s legs and clean the bottom.
- Swap a clean diaper for the dirty one. The clean diaper's top half (the half with the tabs) should go under your baby’s rear, and the front half should come up between the legs (which should be spread as widely as is comfortable for your baby). Try not to bunch the diaper between your baby’s legs as it can cause chafing and discomfort. For newborns, avoid covering the umbilical cord. For boys, tuck the penis down so moisture will be less likely to escape.
- Fasten the diaper at both sides with the tapes, making sure it’s snug, but not so tight that it pinches the skin.
- Wrap the soiled diaper around the contents, put it in an Eco by Naty Disposal Bag, and pop it in the bin. Dress your baby, and wash your hands thoroughly. That’s it – you’re done!